BÀI TẬP TIẾNG ANH LỚP 10
UNIT 10: ECOTOURISM - LANGUAGE
1. How do we form adjectives from nouns or verbs? Use a dictionary and complete the table.
1. culture (n)
2. nature (n)
3. environment (n)
4. ecology (n)
5. interest (v)
6. relax (v)
7. sustain (v)
2. Complete the following sentences, using the adjectives in 1.
1. A ……………………………………… forest is a forest where trees that are cut are replanted and the wildlife is protected.
2. It was quite ……………………………………… to. spend a week on a camping trip with friends in the open air.
3. When you take part in an eco tour, you learn more about the ……………………………………… traditions of the local people and the ……………………………………… habitat of some rare animals.
4. Cutting down trees or hunting wild animals may upset the ……………………………………… balance of an area.
5. Mass tourism may cause ……………………………………… problems such as pollution, water shortages, or an increase of waste.
6. l am very much ………………………………… in learning more about ecotourism and its benefits.
1. sustainable (adj): thân thiện với môi trường, bền vững
A sustainable forest is a forest where trees that are cut are replanted and the wildlife is protected.
2. relaxing (adj): giải trí
It was quite relaxing to spend a week on a camping trip with friends in the open air.
3. cultural (adj): thuộc về văn hóa natural (adj): thuộc về thiên nhiên
When you take part in an eco tour, you learn more about the cultural traditions of the local people and the natural habitat of some rare animals.
4. ecological (adj): thuộc về sinh thái
Cutting down trees or hunting wild animals may upset the ecological balance of an area.
5. environmental (adj): thuộc về môi trường
Mass tourism may cause environmental problems such as pollution, water shortages, or an increase of waste.
6. interested (adj): thích, hứng thú
l am very much interested in learning more about ecotourism and its benefits.
1. Listen and put a mark (') before the syllable with the primary stress.
2. Listen again and repeat the words in 1.
1. Conditional sentences - Type 1
- Loại câu điều kiện này diễn tả điều kiện có thể hoặc không thể thực hiện trong tương lai.
- Cấu trúc của cảu điểu kiện loai 1:
If - clause (Mệnh đề if)
Main clause (Mệnh đề chính)
If + S + V (simple present)
s + will/won’t + V (bare infinitive)
Thì hiện tại được dùng trong mệnh đề if.
Thì tương lai được dùng trong mệnh đề chính.
- Những động từ khiếm khuyết khác có thể dùng trong mệnh đề chính (may/might/can...).
- Lưu ý: Thì hiện tại đơn có thể được dùng ở mệnh đề chính để diễn tả một điều kiện luôn luôn đúng.
2. Conditional sentences - Type 2
- Câu điều kiện loại 2 diễn tả điều kiện không có thật thường được dùng để nói lên sự tưởng tượng của người nói (điều kiện không thể xảy ra ở hiện tại hoặc ở tương lai).
- Cấu trúc của cảu điểu kiện loai 2:
If clause (Mệnh đề IF)
Main clause (Mệnh đề chính)
If + S + V (past subjunctive)
If + S + could + bare infinitive
S + would/could/might + V (bare infinitive)
- Lưu ý: + Trong mệnh đề không có thật ở hiện tại, chúng ta có thể dùng were thay cho was trong tất cả các ngôi trong mệnh đề if.
+ “could” có thể dùng ở mệnh đề chính, mệnh đề if hoặc cả hai.
1. Complete the sentences, using the correct forms of the verbs in the box. You can use a modal verb in the main clause if necessary.
1. If Alice leaves for Ha Noi at 3 o'clock, she'll be there by 10.30.
2. We will/may/might not get to school on time if the bus is late again.
3. My parents might be sad if I fail the exam.
4. You will/may/might get a discount if you pay for the trip in advance.
5. If you pay for an eco tour, part of your money will be used for wildlife protection.
6. If it doesn't rain, we will/may/might eat in the garden.
7. I'm sure he will/may/might call you if he doesn't see you at the party.
8. You will/might/may go out with your friends if you finish your homework before 7 o'clock.
2. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form.
1. I will be surprised if you fail the exam. You're working so hard.
2. We will help you to do the housework if we have time.
3. John and Ann will feel disappointed if nobody comes to their party.
4. If I need money to buy a dictionary, will you lend me some?
5. If you throw plastic bags into the sea, the fish will /may eat them and die.
6. You will cause a forest fire if you make a campfire and then leave it unattended.
7. The birds will be scared and fly away if the birdwatchers make loud noises.
8. I will take the laptop back to the shop if you do not know how to fix it.
3. Match the first part in column A with the second part in column B to complete the unreal conditional sentences (Type 2). Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form.
- …… 2- …… 3- …… 4- …… 5- …… 6- …… 7- …… 8- ……
1 - d: lived; would work/could work
2 - a: were; would tell
3 - f: did not start; would be
4 - b: used; would be
5 - g: would … change; had
6 - c: were; would travel
7 - h: would go; were/ was
8 - e: would be; stopped
1. If Kim lived in the countryside, she would work / could work on a farm with a lot of animals.
2. If I were you, I would tell him the truth
3. If people didn’t start wars, the world would be a better place to live
4. If more people used more public transport, there would be less air pollution
5. Would you change your appearance, if you had a chance?
6. If I were 10 years older, I would travel abroad on my own
7. We would go to the beach, if the weather were fine
8. Life on Earth would be impossible, if the sun stopped shining
4. Read the situations and make conditional sentences.
1. If Victor could speak English, he could get a good job.
2. If Nancy lived near the park, she would/could go running there every morning.
3. If Nam could swim, he would/could go to the swimming pool alone.
4. If Tom had a passport, he would/could travel abroad.
5. If there weren’t so many tourists visiting the national parks, the environment there would not be badly polluted.
6. If tourists don’t throw litter in the river, the water would not be polluted.
7. If these students worked hard, they would pass the exam.
8. If Hoa didn’t have so much homework, she would/could go out with her friends tonight.